For Immediate Release
Date: November 13, 2020
Contact Maeve Corrigan
6th Annual Bloomsburg University No Hate Week Nov. 15-19
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania will be hosting its sixth annual “No Hate Week” during Nov. 15-19. Each day will feature different events and discussions with different speakers.
- Sunday, Nov. 15 at 3 p.m., will be the Pray Their Names March, which will be located at the top of tri-level.
- Monday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m., H. Bernard Hall, assistant professor of urban teacher education at Drexel University, will be speaking at “Recognizing & Responding to Anti-Blackness in Education” in the KUB ballroom and on Zoom.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 6 p.m., Dr. Denise Pearson, vice-chancellor of diversity, equity, and inclusion, will be speaking at “Beyond the Fountain” in the KUB ballroom and on Zoom.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 6 p.m., LaSharee Snyder, athletic mentor at West Chester University, will be speaking at “Making College Campuses Safer for Students of Color”
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., “Celebrate Knowledge of Dance Party-DJ” via Zoom.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m., Manoj Raghunandanan.
Raghunandanan is vice president of marketing for Johnson & Johnson. He was a founding member of the Johnson & Johnson Diversity Marketing team and now serves as the group’s executive sponsor. Under his leadership, the consumer marketing organization has made significant progress in its strategy and results on the recruitment, advancement, and retention of diverse marketing talent. He will be speaking about his life journey.
Students must wear masks to all face-to-face events and social distance. Refreshments and food will be provided.
More information can be found at https://bloomu.edu/no-hate-week