BLOOMSBURG— Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania will feature a Black Hawk helicopter landing in honor of Veteran’s Week. The landing will take place on Thursday, Nov. 9 at 7:45 a.m. on the Academic Quad and will highlight BU’s Veteran’s Week from Monday, Nov. 6, through Friday, November 10.
The Black Hawk landing will be the main event of this year’s Veteran’s Week and will take place the same day as the Touch-a-Truck event on the Academic Quad.
During the Touch-a-Truck event, students will be able to view and interact with the military vehicles, including an H2 Humvee, as well as view the Black Hawk helicopter. Black Hawk, an Army UH60 helicopter, is an aircraft used for utility transport and air assault in the field.
BU’s Office of Military and Veteran’s Resources (BUSVA), the Ziegler College of Business, and the Pennsylvania Army and Air National Guard will sponsor several activities throughout the week to educate students about the military and honor existing veterans. The schedule for the week includes:
Monday, Nov. 6
- Veterans Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., University Store
- ZCOB Hosts Guest Speaker, Cpt. Manotti, and Dinner, 3 p.m., Kehr Union Building Ballroom
Tuesday, Nov. 7
- Veterans Appreciation Posters, SSC Lobby
- Airing of Dunkirk and discussion 7-9 p.m., Kehr Union Building Multipurpose B
Wednesday, Nov. 8
- Guest Speaker: Mike Medvec- BUSVA’s first president 1-2 p.m., Kehr Union Building Multipurpose A
- Veterans Dinner at the American Legion Post 273, 5-10:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 9
- Black Hawk Helicopter Landing 7:45 a.m., Academic Quad
- Touch-A-Truck, Academic Quad
Friday, Nov. 10
- Veteran Suicide Awareness Walk, SSC Patio/ Academic Quad
- Marine Corps Birthday Celebration, 10 a.m., SSC Patio
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 9,600 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.