BLOOMSBURG— Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania’s Council of Trustees held its quarterly meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 20.
At the meeting, Trustees approved purchasing activity under Act 188 and the 2017-18 and 2018-19 budgets.
- Five retirees who had been granted emeritus status were also recognized: Dr. Steven Agbaw, Department of English; Professor Bruce Candlish, Department of Theatre and Dance; Dr. Michael Karpinski, Department of exceptionalities program; Dr. Philip Tucker, Department of Exceptionalities Program and Professor Vera Viditz-Ward, Department of Art and Art History.
The following presentations were made at the preceding Committee of the Whole meeting:
- Budget, John Loonan, vice president for administration and finance
- Summer College and fall enrollment, Tom Fletcher, vice president for strategic enrollment management
- Fall housing, Dione Somerville, vice president for student affairs
- University Advancement, Erik Evans, vice president for university advancement
The Trustees’ Committee of the Whole and quarterly meetings are open to the public.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 9,600 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.