Bloomsburg University’s Council of Trustees approved fees for the 2017-18 academic year during its recent quarterly meeting.
The Trustees approved increases in room and board fees, raising the cost of a traditional residence hall room by $172 per semester, apartment-style housing by $224 per semester, and the most common 14-meal plan with $250 Flex by $35 per semester, plus $50 in flex. Combined room and board fees (double with 14 meals/$250 flex) will increase from $4,359 to $4,616 per semester.
In addition, Trustees also voted to approve three new credit-based certificates: the 24-credit Certificate of Digital Rhetoric and Professional Writing; the 15-credit Certificate of Medical Genomics and Counseling; and the 49-credit Certificate of Pre-Medical Science Studies. Also during the meeting, the Trustees:
- Approved purchasing activity under Act 188
- Approved delinquent student accounts
- Approved extending the contract by five years with the BU Foundation for fundraising services. The current agreement expires June 30, 2018. The agreement is for $1.9 million per year with adjustments made based on the CPI (Consumer Price Index).
- Approved faculty emeritus status for retiree James Tomlinson, Department of Communication Studies
- Approved a resolution recognizing Student Trustee, Katherine Mullen
- Heard a presentation on BU’s Financial Literacy Initiative from Jeffrey Krug, dean of BU’s Zeigler College of Business