For Immediate Release: October 11, 2013
BLOOMSBURG—TV shows “Dancing with the Stars” and “So, You Think You Can Dance?” are consistent ratings favorites with viewers. Ballroom with a Twist, a Broadway-style adaptation of these shows directed and choreographed by Louis van Amstel of “Dancing with the Stars,” will be featured Saturday, Oct. 26, at 8 p.m. at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania’s Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets for the Celebrity Artist Series show are $45 for regular admission and $22 for BU students and children.
Ballroom with a Twist pushes the boundaries of ballroom dance with the latest Broadway styles featuring professional international dancers and hit songs by several “American Idol” finalists The show will highlight van Amstel’s choreography including two soon-to-be-announced professional dancers from “Dancing with the Stars,” two finalists from “So, You Think You Can Dance?” and two finalists from “American Idol.”
Twelve-time dance champion and Emmy-nominated Louis van Amstel is best known for his eight turns on “Dancing with the Stars,” partnered with celebrities such as Kendra Wilkinson, Margaret Cho and Kelly Osbourne.
Upcoming BU Celebrity Artist Series productions for the 2013-2014 season include:
- “The Graduate,” stage adaptation presented by L.A. Theatre Works – Friday, Nov. 15, at 8 p.m. in the Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $35
- Sara Gazarek, Los Angeles-based jazz vocalist performs holiday classics – Friday, Dec. 6, at 8 p.m. in the Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Project Trio, classical chamber music with the stage presence and energy of rock stars – Friday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. in Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $30
- Christopher O’Riley, classic-contemporary pianist – Saturday, Feb. 22, at 7 p.m. in Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $30
- “American Idiot,” Broadway performance based on Green Day’s multi-platinum album – Friday, March 7, at 8 p.m. in the Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $45
- “Swan Lake,” classical ballet, romantic tale of Prince Siegfried and Princess Odett – Saturday, March 29, at 8 p.m. in the Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $35
- The Pedrito Martinez Group, world-class conga player, singer and bandleader – Saturday, April 13, at 7 p.m. in Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: complimentary but required.
For tickets or more information, visit www.bloomu.edu/CAS or call the box office at 570-389-4409.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 10,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.