For immediate release: Oct. 28, 2011
BLOOMSBURG — Well-known actor Anthony Zerbe will perform “It’s All Done with Mirrors” on Saturday, Nov. 12, at 8 p.m. in Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania’s Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. This show is part of BU’s Celebrity Artist Series and concludes Zerbe’s three-day residence at BU. Tickets are $29.50 for adults and $16.50 for children. The performance is supported in part by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
“Mirrors” provides insight into the work of poet e.e. cummings, brought to life by blending cummings’ words and Zerbe’s acting. A skilled storyteller, Zerbe uses characters, accents and wordplay to capture the mood of cummings’ words.
Zerbe has worked in the arts for more than four decades and has appeared in numerous television shows and films. Some of his previous work includes shows like “Hawaii Five-O,” “Columbo,” “Dynasty” and “Fraiser” and movies such as “Cool Hand Luke,” “The Molly Maguires,” “True Crime” and the “Matrix” series.
The Celebrity Artist Series’ 2011-2012 season will also feature the following programs, all in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall:
- “The Nutcracker” by the State Ballet Theatre of Russia, Friday, Dec. 2, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $29.50.
- Philadelphia Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra, Friday, Feb. 12, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $34.50.
- The National Broadway Tour of the musical “The Color Purple,” Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012, at 8 p.m. Tickets: $34.50.
- Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Saturday, March 31, 2012, at 8 p.m. Tickets: $34.50.
- Jazz musicians Grace Kelly and Phil Woods, Friday, April 13, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $34.50.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 10,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.