For immediate release: Nov. 2, 2010
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania continues its 25th anniversary of the Celebrity Artist Series with Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play on Saturday, Nov. 6, at 7 p.m. in Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. General admission is $25.
Triple Play is made up of Chris Brubeck on electric bass, bass trombone, piano and vocals; Madcat Ruth on harmonica, guitar, jaw harp, percussion and vocals; and Joel Brown, on folk and classical acoustic guitar and vocals. Together, these three musicians create the spirit of American folk, blues, jazz and classical music.
Chris Brubeck developed a fluid command of jazz while touring with his father, famed jazz pianist and composer Dave Brubeck, through the 1970s. Triple Play’s repertoire includes the jazz hit, “Take Five,” Dave Brubeck’s signature piece.
Triple Play recorded two albums, both including original pieces by Chris Brubeck and his fellow musicians. Says music reference book, “All Music Guide”: “It’s great to hear a group that combines top-notch musicianship, potent originals and a touch of humor.”
Other shows in this season’s Celebrity Artist Series are:
- Natalie MacMaster; Friday, Dec. 3, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Walnut Street Theatre: “The Glass Menagerie,” Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011, 7 p.m., and Friday, Feb. 11, 8 p.m., K.S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets: $25
- DRUMLine Live, Saturday, Feb. 18, 2011, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Hot 8 Brass Band, Friday, March 4, 2011, 7 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $25
- Rioult Dance, Saturday, March 26, 2011, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- “Spring Awakening,” Friday, April 8, 2011, 8 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
- Stefon Harris, Friday, April 28, 2011, 7:30 p.m., Mitrani Hall. Tickets: $30
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 9,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.