For immediate release: Oct. 1, 2010
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania is getting down and funky with the Boogie Wonder Band on Saturday, Oct. 9, at 2 and 8 p.m. in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. The concert is part of the 25th anniversary season of BU’s Celebrity Artist Series and the highlight performance of BU’s Parents’ and Family Weekend. The performance is open to the public with a general admission of $30.
Originally from Canada, this 10-member band has played more than 1,750 shows throughout its 14-year career. The band brings back the sights and sounds of the disco era through costume, dance and that essential musical style. This unique brand of disco has accumulated more than 2 million fans, including icons like Cèline Dion and Donald Trump. With three albums to their credit, the band is known for its playlist, which includes classics from the disco era: “Staying Alive,” “It’s Raining Men,” “Y.M.C.A.” and “I Will Survive.”
Other shows in this season’s Celebrity Artist Series are:
- Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles, Saturday, Oct. 23, at 8:30 p.m. in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $30
- Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play, Saturday, Nov. 6, at 7 p.m. in K.S. Gross Auditorium, general admission, $25
- Natalie MacMaster; Friday, Dec. 3, at 8 p.m. in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $30
- Walnut Street Theatre: “The Glass Menagerie,” Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011, at 7 p.m. and Friday Feb. 11, at 8 p.m. in the K.S. Gross Auditorium, general admission, $25
- DRUMLine Live, Saturday, Feb. 18, 2011, at 8 p.m. in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $30
- Hot 8 Brass Band, Friday, March 4, 2011, at 7 p.m. in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $25
- Rioult Dance, Saturday, March 26, 2011, at 8 p.m. in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $30
- Spring Awakening, Friday, April 8, 2011, at 8 p.m. in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $30
- Stefon Harris, Friday, April 28, 2011, at 7:30 in Mitrani Hall, general admission, $30
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 9,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Education, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.