When Barbara Benner Hudock ’75 spoke to Bloomsburg University’s May 2013 graduates, she shared 11 Lessons for Life from her 38-year career in financial services and her lifetime of community involvement. The commencement address for nearly 1,300 graduates and their families not only offered guidelines for success, happiness and fulfillment, it also demonstrated the value the CEO and founding partner of Hudock Moyer Wealth Resources (HMWR), Williamsport, Pa., places on the education she received from Bloomsburg University.
1. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
2. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone or being jealous.
3. Pay off credit cards every month.
4. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
5. Do one thing every day that scares you.
6. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
7. Frame every so-called disaster, "In a 100 years will this matter?"
8. Forgive everyone, everything.
9. However good or bad a situation is now, it will change.
10. Believe in miracles.
11. No matter how you feel ... get up, dress up and show up.
— Barbara Benner Hudock '75