Athletic Training Room Rules
**Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in your removal from the athletic training room.**
- Athletes must have a completed BU Physical and Medical Insurance form on file with the Athletic Trainers prior to any sport participation.
- Only Varsity Athletes will be treated in the Athletic Training Room. (no club or intramural sports)
- Athletes must shower prior to entering the training room post-practice (unless emergency)
- All athletes must be signed in when entering the training room for treatment.
- No athlete may administer treatment to him or herself or to anyone else.
- Supplies and/or equipment are not to be removed from the training room without permission from a staff athletic trainer(i.e. tape, scissors, medications, exercise equip., etc...)
- Treatment will be administered as directed by a staff athletic trainer after evaluation. These treatments are to be scheduled between 10:00 am and 2:00pm Monday through Friday during the Fall and Spring seasons, and between 11:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday during the Winter season.
- No Cleats - No Profanity - No Loitering - No Tobacco products in the athletic training room.
- This is a co-ed facility. Proper dress is required (decent t-shirt, shorts, etc...)
- Taping and treatment will be on a 1st come, 1st serve order, regardless of gender or sport. In-season sports will receive priority. Arrive Early before practice. It will be your responsibility to get to practice on time. Do not use the athletic trainers as an excuse for late arrival to practice.
- Please leave equipment and personal bags outside of the training room.
- It is your responsibility as an athlete to report all athletic injuries/illnesses to a staff athletic trainer. Failure to do so will invalidate any insurance coverage by the University. It is also your responsibility to wear any required protective equipment such as mouth guards, shin guards, pads, or helmets properly fitted to you.
- Report all prescription medications and over-the-counter nutritional supplements you may be using to a staff athletic trainer. False information on supplements could result in a positive drug test for banned substances contained in the product. Athletes face positive drug test penalties in these cases.
- The staff and students are committed to providing athletes with the best possible health care. Please treat our staff and student athletic trainers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner. Failure to do so will revoke training room privileges.
- Please respect and return University property including water bottles, coolers, etc...
- Cell Phones are forbidden in the Athletic Training room. This is to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all athletes who enter.