For immediate release: July 1, 2014
BLOOMSBURG — The Illusionists – Witness the Impossible, the world’s best-selling touring magic show, will play Bloomsburg University’s Haas Center for the Arts on Saturday, Nov. 22, at 8 p.m. as part of a 30-city U.S. tour.
Tickets for The Illusionists’ Celebrity Artist Series (CAS) show at BU are on sale now for CAS members and will be available Aug. 1 for general audiences at $35 for adults and $17 for children and BU students.
For information, contact the Haas Center for the Arts Box Office, 570-389-4409.
Having shattered box office records around the world, The Illusionists – Witness the Impossible showcases the jaw-dropping talents of seven incredible illusionists. Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, The Illusionists will give a taste of the show they will perform at BU during three appearances tomorrow (Wednesday, July 2) on ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America.” The show will open on Broadway Dec. 4, for a limited six-week run.
The Illusionists – Witness the Impossible is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson, MagicSpace Entertainment, Road Show Entertainment LLC, and The Production Office. Conceived by Simon Painter, the show’s creative team includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
The seven stars, each a master in his own field, are:
- The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin is considered a rising superstar in the world of magic. He was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year” by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the “Olympics of Magic.”
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry is described as “Marilyn-Manson-meets-David-Copperfield.” Sperry combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most-Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Hobson has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso, Italy’s star escape artist, considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. James is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Warrior, Aaron Crow, a strong and silent type specializing in weapon magic, has mastered some of the most dangerous acts without saying a single word. Belgium’s international magic sensation and a first place finisher at the World Championships of Magic, he uses swords, paintball guns and powerful crossbows to keep fans on the edge of their seat.
- The Futurist, Adam Trent, shatters stereotypes and brings a new generation of magic to fans fusing technology illusions, dancing and comedy with classic techniques.