For immediate release: Oct. 19, 2007
BLOOMSBURG — Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania’s 2007-08 Celebrity Artist Series continues with the return performance of illusionist Mike Super Saturday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m. in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall.
In all-new program during BU’s Parents and Family Weekend, Super will present a complete theatrical experience with digital music, comedy and lighting to accompany his unique style of magic and illusion. Tickets for the show, which has been described as a fusion of performance art and personal interaction, are $20 for adults. For this show only, BU students’ parents and siblings receive the student price of $10 per person.
Super, who has been practicing magic since the age of 6 and performs up to 200 shows per year, was named America’s Best Entertainer of the Year by CA Magazine in 2003. A member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians and the Society of American Magicians, Super has performed across the United States and for celebrities Regis Philbin and Joan Rivers.
Other programs in the Celebrity Artist Series’ 22nd season are listed below. All will be presented in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall.
- Poinsettia Pops, Friday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Saturday, Feb. 16, 2008, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults.
- Paul Taylor Dance Company, Saturday, April 5, 2008, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults.
- “Evita,” Sunday, April 13, 2008, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults.
- BU Jazz Festival, featuring Bobby Zankel & The Warriors of Wonderful Sound, Friday, April 25, 2008, at noon. Tickets are $5 for adults.
Bloomsburg University is one of 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The university serves approximately 8,000 students, offering comprehensive programs of study in the colleges of Professional Studies, Business, Liberal Arts and Science and Technology.